Today is the day! I’m 30! For some reason, I have been particularly exited about this birthday. Not sure why and most of my friends are kind of freaking out about it but I am really excited about this milestone. So for your reading pleasure, here are 30 Reasons I’m Excited to be 30.
- I’ve been telling people that was 30 for about a year and a half. Now I’m not lying when I do it.
- I’m getting married!
- I’ve moved into the younger end of my race age brackets. Bring on the trophies and medals (ha!).
- I don’t have to feel guilty for staying in on weekends…
- …and for going to bed early.
- I’ve really just outgrown my 20s. They were a blast but I’m over it.
- I’m done with school!
- I actually found a job I like…
- …that’s in my field…
- …in an industry I LOVE…
- …and I have co-workers that I love…
- …and I feel like I now have a career and not just a job.
- I am not always broke. Ugh, I was so broke for so long and now I actually have a few pennies to rub together. And wedding poor doesn’t count because I am absolutely wedding poor.
- “Enjoy yourself. That’s what your 20s are for. Your 30s are to learn the lessons; your 40s are to pay for the drinks.” – SATC. Time to learn the lessons! I wonder what they are? I’m looking forward to finding out.
- TheChrisMosier said it best, “It was almost a relief to be 30 – sort of like validation that I actually was old enough to be take seriously, and still young enough to be awesome.” Yup, still young and awesome here!
- I don’t think I look 30.
- I actually know I don’t because I still get carded A LOT! I guess I should take it as a compliment now.
- Some pretty fantastic things are going to happen (hopefully) in my 30s aside from getting married; going to Asia (honeymoon-style), buying a house, having kiddos.
- After running the MerryThon, I will have fun a half marathon in my 30s. I’ll have 10 years to rest before running one in my 40s.
- I am kind of numbers nerd and 30 is divisible by 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 15 and 30! 29 is only divisible by 1 and 29. Thirty is at least 6 times cooler than 29.
- SL is already 30 and I hate lagging behind.
- Everyone I talk to says they have loved their 30s.
- I am in a much better place in terms of eating and being healthy.
- My freak out birthday came when I turned twenty. 30 will just be fun, even thought its a Monday.
- Coffee dates are just as appropriate as drink dates. That means I can still get to bed early (see #5).
- I am infinitely wiser that I was even at 28. Wiser = better life decisions. I have definitely made some good ones lately and I am sure there will be more to come in my 30s.
- Birthdays are exciting no matter what. Especially birthdays that end in a 0.
- When I refer to myself as an OLD lady, I will actually be right. At 30, you’re older than 42% of Americans (according to the internet, which is always right).
- “Everything I know I learned after I was thirty.” – Georges Clemenceau. Similar to the SATC quote. Looks like I have a lot more to learn.
- I’m just excited!! I feel like I am exactly where I should be in my personal and professional life. I know I have a lot more to learn but I also have a lot I can teach.
At 10:16am I officially ended one era of my life. The 20s were a wild and crazy time but I am not sad to see them go. I am happy to dive head first into my 30s and I am so excited to see how they treat me.
WOW!!!! Happy Birthday!! I’ll be there in May!! 😉 😉 I love your reasons here!!! Have a wonderful day!!! xoxoxo
you need to change your about me now!!
(whoa a .com!!)
Love this! ~Laura
You are so fabulous – no matter what age! I love you to pieces, first-girl-cousin-of-mine! (For which I owe you a tremendous amount of gratitude!) Enjoy your 30s! They totally rock! 🙂 ♡
Aww thank you!! I really am looking forward to it…glad to hear my oldest cousin enjoyed hers!
Pingback: Fitness Bucket List | Emily's Full Plate
Pingback: Every damn day | Emily's Full Plate
I love this list! Number 1 is me all the way… I’ve been saying I’m 30 for months now, but it won’t be true until next May. For all of the reasons you listed, I can’t wait!
Pingback: Wedding Wednesday: 6 Traditions I’m Skipping | Emily's Full Plate
Pingback: Weekend Recap: I’m Old But I Still Have Fun | Emily's Full Plate
Pingback: Friday Favorites: Quotes Edition | Emily's Full Plate
Pingback: Friday Favorites – 3.6 | Emily's Full Plate
Pingback: Fitness Bucket List | Always Emily H.