Yesterday, I mentioned my super long commute and how I deal with it and today I am going to bring you a little something else that has helps me cope…a delicious snack! I have made these Rice Cake Protein Balls twice now and I absolutely love them.
I used Tina’s recipe as a base but made a few tweaks to make them my own.
Warning – these are REALLY good and super easy to eat all in one sitting. I made sure to portion them out as soon as they were done so I wouldn’t down all the balls at once.
(Looks kind of gross…but it’s so so good!)
- 2 rice cakes
- 2 Tbsp Nikki’s Coconut Butter (I used the macadamia nut cookie flavor)
- 2 Tbsp Nutella
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Perfect Fit Protein Powder (I used the Cinnamon Roll flavor)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Crush the rice cakes in a bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients in with the crushed rice cakes until all incorporated.
- Roll into 8 balls.
- Refrigerate for an hour or overnight if you have the time and will power.
Next time I make these delicious little orbs I am going to experiment with nuts and dried fruit and maybe change up the protein powder for a more chocolate-y ball!
Any other ideas on what I could add to these treats to make them even more delicious?