July 25th?! When did that happen? This summer is flying by way too quickly for me. That’s not but but you know what is…FRIDAYS!! I couldn’t be happier that this week is coming to an end. Work has been super busy and SL was on vacation so he got to sleep in every morning as got up early and trekked into the city. Woof!
SL is starting a new job on Monday and I am really excited for him. He’ll be back in the city so hopefully we can start commuting together here and there. I would love it…he might hate it! Ha.
Anyways, on to our regularly scheduled blogging…here are some favorites this week.
My Easy Pesto
I bought a basil plant at the grocery store a few weeks ago and it has started to grow like crazy. This is great for me because it means homemade pesto! If you know me or have been reading this little blog for any amount of time you’ll know I don’t like cheese. Most (if not all) pestos in grocery stores are made with cheese so I veer away from them. Mine is dairy-free (and therefore vegan!) and delicious (and only 5 ingredients).
- 1.5 cups fresh basil
- 3 T pinenuts
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 -2 cloves garlic (depending on how much you love garlic)
- 1/4 t course sea salt
Add all ingredients to a food processor (mini ones work great for this) and process until desired consistency. Then devour! I used about half of this in my Pesto BLT Pasta Salad last week and the rest to top salads, chicken and left over pasta.
Instagram Life vs. Real Life
OMG this article was so funny and so true! Olivia inspired me to look through my Instagram and do the same. Keep an eye out for that post next week :)
Free coffee on my way to work
The Coffee-mate street team was hard at work this morning giving out free iced coffee and hot coffee loaded with their creamer. I snagged an iced coffee with Caramel Macchiato creamer and it was delish! Perfect way to start my Friday morning!
Just a few more hours of work, a hopefully painless commute home and it’s weekend time! Peace and love homies.
So this week has been a little bit of a fail on the scheduling front. Yes, I planned everything on Monday but most of it kind of feel though…so for good reasons and some for bad reasons. Now it’s Thursday and we are breathing down the neck of the weekend! Since I sucked at planning a blog post for today (I didn’t), here are some half-hearted thoughts from yours truly.
1) The GAC is less than a month away. And I have done very little in terms of specific training for the race…#fail. I do this every summer. But I guess I am ok with it because I really love this race and look forward to compete every year. I haven’t done any kayaking yet but I have climbed the mountain once and I hope to again.
2) I had ice cream for dinner last night. I am not proud of it but it happened. SL was out with friends and I ended up working late and didn’t get home until past 7:00pm. I had an ice cream date with a friend at 8:00pm and I just figured there was no need to cook the Olive Lemon Chicken I had planned for just me then have no appetite for ice cream. One of my goals this summer was to eat more ice cream so I guess I was just fulfilling a goal by substituting real food for my salted caramel toffee ice cream with jimmies.
3) I’m going to Paint Nite tonight! My partners in crime for the evening will be my mom and sister. I am expecting my sister’s to turn out the best, then my mom’s and lastly, mine. I’ve done Paint Nite once before and realized I had absolutely no latent painting talents. But it will still be really fun and I am looking forward to spending another night with my mom and sister (last week was Little Mermaid)! This is what we are painting…looks hard.
(From the Paint Nite site)
4) This is going up later than usual because I didn’t have my act together this morning.
Thankfully tomorrow is Friday, I’ll recharge over the weekend and do better next week!