Now that I am 30, I figured I would update my fitness bucket list! A few months ago I realized I had completed a bunch of items on my vision board and with a new generation of my life beginning this week I started to think about some fitness things I want to accomplish.
I created a Pinterest board entitled, Fitness Bucket List (thank you Captain Obvious) to remind myself of these things and so I can add and evolve the list as time goes on. This is basically my vision board but digitalized.
- Becoming a Certified Personal Trainer
I have been kicking this idea around for a while now. I don’t know if I would actually use it to train people but I would love to teach a fitness class at some point in my life and would want to be a CPT first. Most studios and gyms require this to teach, but not all. There are so many different companies to become certified through and I have in no way done enough research to know which would be best for me. I just know its something that it on the fitness bucket list.
- Complete and Olympic Distance Triathlon
I have already done 10 or so triathlons but they have all been the sprint distance. I would love to step up my game and do a longer distance tri. I know my training would need to be amped up and I would probably want to hire a coach (real life or online). This would be a big time commitment and financial commitment for me but I think the accomplished feeling after finishing would all be worth it.
- Be a FitFluential Ambassador
I’ve grown to love FitFluential over the past year and being an ambassador for a brand I truly believe in is something I would love. They layout exactly what it takes to become an ambassador on their site and its something I will work towards until I get there.
- Finish a Long Distance Obstacle Race
For example, a Spartan Beast. This race consists of 13+ miles and 25+ obstacles. A few years ago I did a Spartan Race at Fenway Park and had a blast but it was a short one, only 3ish miles. After training for my first half marathon, I grew to love longer distance runs and adding obstacles to the mix just sounds fun. Call me crazy, but it does.
- Run a race in another country
How cool would that be? To travel and run a race! The Sparkasse 3-Laender Marathon is not only in anther country but winds its way through three countries: Germany, Austria and Switzerland! Now, I don’t necessarily want to run a marathon but I thought this was a particularly cool example.
That is all I have for now, but I will be updating my Pinterest board as new fitness bucket list items get added. Until then, check out my Workout Class Bucket List below:
Today is the day! I’m 30! For some reason, I have been particularly exited about this birthday. Not sure why and most of my friends are kind of freaking out about it but I am really excited about this milestone. So for your reading pleasure, here are 30 Reasons I’m Excited to be 30.
- I’ve been telling people that was 30 for about a year and a half. Now I’m not lying when I do it.
- I’m getting married!
- I’ve moved into the younger end of my race age brackets. Bring on the trophies and medals (ha!).
- I don’t have to feel guilty for staying in on weekends…
- …and for going to bed early.
- I’ve really just outgrown my 20s. They were a blast but I’m over it.
- I’m done with school!
- I actually found a job I like…
- …that’s in my field…
- …in an industry I LOVE…
- …and I have co-workers that I love…
- …and I feel like I now have a career and not just a job.
- I am not always broke. Ugh, I was so broke for so long and now I actually have a few pennies to rub together. And wedding poor doesn’t count because I am absolutely wedding poor.
- “Enjoy yourself. That’s what your 20s are for. Your 30s are to learn the lessons; your 40s are to pay for the drinks.” – SATC. Time to learn the lessons! I wonder what they are? I’m looking forward to finding out.
- TheChrisMosier said it best, “It was almost a relief to be 30 – sort of like validation that I actually was old enough to be take seriously, and still young enough to be awesome.” Yup, still young and awesome here!
- I don’t think I look 30.
- I actually know I don’t because I still get carded A LOT! I guess I should take it as a compliment now.
- Some pretty fantastic things are going to happen (hopefully) in my 30s aside from getting married; going to Asia (honeymoon-style), buying a house, having kiddos.
- After running the MerryThon, I will have fun a half marathon in my 30s. I’ll have 10 years to rest before running one in my 40s.
- I am kind of numbers nerd and 30 is divisible by 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 15 and 30! 29 is only divisible by 1 and 29. Thirty is at least 6 times cooler than 29.
- SL is already 30 and I hate lagging behind.
- Everyone I talk to says they have loved their 30s.
- I am in a much better place in terms of eating and being healthy.
- My freak out birthday came when I turned twenty. 30 will just be fun, even thought its a Monday.
- Coffee dates are just as appropriate as drink dates. That means I can still get to bed early (see #5).
- I am infinitely wiser that I was even at 28. Wiser = better life decisions. I have definitely made some good ones lately and I am sure there will be more to come in my 30s.
- Birthdays are exciting no matter what. Especially birthdays that end in a 0.
- When I refer to myself as an OLD lady, I will actually be right. At 30, you’re older than 42% of Americans (according to the internet, which is always right).
- “Everything I know I learned after I was thirty.” – Georges Clemenceau. Similar to the SATC quote. Looks like I have a lot more to learn.
- I’m just excited!! I feel like I am exactly where I should be in my personal and professional life. I know I have a lot more to learn but I also have a lot I can teach.
At 10:16am I officially ended one era of my life. The 20s were a wild and crazy time but I am not sad to see them go. I am happy to dive head first into my 30s and I am so excited to see how they treat me.